Your privacy and security are important to us.
We recognize and respect your need for privacy and security as you visit our site. When you visit our site to view any pages, you do so without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information.
We hope you find our website useful and informative and are always willing to answer questions and receive suggestions. If you have either, please contact us. Thank you.
While we do not collect identifying information about visitors to our site, we do use standard, self-hosted, software to collect information for the strict purpose of tracking activity on our site. This allows us to better understand how many people use our site and which pages and features are most popular. The only information we normally collect and store is:
- Your IP address
- The name and location of your Internet service provider, based on your IP address (MaxMind GeoIP2)
- The web site or search engine that referred you to us (if any) including search parameters (if any)
- The date and time the pages were accessed
- The page or pages you requested
- Technical information about your browser (used purely for statistics)
We do not profile users based on this information nor do we ever share the collected information with third parties
Some pages include content from other websites, most notably.
We use Remark42, a privacy friendly comment system.
This is the privacy-related information, copied from their documentation
- Remark42 is trying to be very sensitive to any private or semi-private information.
- Authentication requesting the minimal possible scope from authentication providers. All extra information returned by them dropped immediately and not stored in any form.
- Generally, remark42 keeps user id, username and avatar link only. None of these fields exposed directly - id and name hashed, avatar proxied.
- There is no tracking of any sort.
- Login mechanic uses JWT stored in a cookie (httpOnly, secured). The second cookie (XSRF_TOKEN) is a random id preventing CSRF.
- There is no cross-site login, i.e., user’s behavior can’t be analyzed across independent sites running remark42.
- There are no third-party analytic services involved.
- User can request all information remark42 knows about and export to gz file.
- Supported complete cleanup of all information related to user’s activity.
- Cookie lifespan can be restricted to session-only.
- All potentially sensitive data stored by remark42 hashed and encrypted.
Opt-out of Matomo tracking
We also honour Do Not Track (DNT)