Re: [ApacheGallery] [feature request] Actual caching that lasts through sessions?

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 04:05:34PM -0700, Jake Appelbaum wrote:
> know why it's slow (my photos are 3 megs each). But After a single
> person loads the page, the major work has been done, why not keep it?
AG does cache, and has since at least 0.2. Look at GalleryCacheDir in
the README. Make sure you have pointed it someone sensible. Try
looking in it. Look in the apache error log for errors. Make sure the
apache process has permission to write to the GalleryCacheDir. Include
copy and paste from error log, dir -l, etc as appropriate if you are
still having trouble and need more help.

I hope that while you were typing your rather verbose message that you
thought "Gosh, caching is /such/ an obvious feature. Why on earth is it
not implemented or does not seem to work for me?"

Tom

--
28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A 22 8B 0E DC 3E
mailto:tdbrown@xxxxxxxx